Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Who doesn't love bacon?


This is the recipe for the Bacon Crescents that I brought to MOPS on April 6th. I just have to say . . . make things easy for yourself and use the precooked bacon. I will make note of my alterations along the way. This recipe is found in the Kraft section on page 196 of the 3 in 1 Velveeta, Nabisco and Kraft cookbook. I have to think my dear friend, Beth for that one. I've gotten a lot of good recipes out of this book. I doubled the recipe for today's MOPS meeting.

Bacon Appetizer Crescents
Based on everyone's response:
Rating: ★★★★★

Prep: 30 minutes (HA! Not if you cook real bacon)
Total: 45 minutes (Again, not if you cook real bacon)

1 package (8 oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened
8 slices Oscar Mayer bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
1/3 cup Kraft grated Parmesan cheese (I used Sargento's. I had a coupon)
1/4 cup finely chopped onions (I used onion powder)
2 T chopped fresh parsley (I used Pampered Chef Italian Seasoning)
1 T milk
2 cans (8 oz each) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls

1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees. Mix all ingredients except the dough.

2. Separate each can of dough into four rectangles and firmly press perforations together to seal. Spread each rectangle with 1/4 of cream cheese mixture. Cut each rectangle into 12 wedges (I got four wedges out of each rectangle, but I know what I did wrong now). Roll up each wedge starting at the short ends. Place them seam-side down on a greased baking sheet (I used my stone).

3. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.

Makes 8 dozen or 24 servings, 4 crescents each

No comments:

Post a Comment